Welcome to the website!
I'm glad you could make it.
In these pages are fascinating facts here and there, vital information there and here, and several places where you can waste a lot of time! Isn't that what the internet is for, after all?
I'm particularly proud of my Books for Boys sections. (Shhh, they're not just for boys, but most people who don't think of themselves as readers because they don't know about these amazing books yet.) Check them out with the tabs on the left.
Here are a few notes on some of the recent projects I'm working on right now:
5) Teaching Young Adult Literature, World literature, American literature, Utopia & Dystopia, and Grammars of English) at Montclair State University. (You can bet that Andrew Smith, A.S. King, Jason Reynolds, Laurie Halse Anderson, M.T. Anderson, Alex London and the other favorites in the Boy Book of the Month section of this site are mentioned often and lovingly.)
4) A Young Adult novel about a somewhat introverted boy who meets a very extroverted girl, and their journey awakens both of them to a different way of seeing the world.
3) Several valuable books on American literature. Check out this page for more information.
2) Serving on the Voice of Youth Advocates (VOYA) review committee and Nonfiction Honor List committee, to reward excellent books.
1) A Young Adult novel about running, about family, about growing away from friends, about love that's more complicated than books make them out to be, and about survival.
Jim Nicosia arranged, with Laura Nicosia, to bring writers like
Gayle Foreman, Arvin Ahmadi,
Christopher de Vinck, and
Dan Yaccarino to the 2019 Montclair Literary Festival.
He was virtually active virtually during the pandemic slowdown, and now is active in person
top logo adapted from: https://www.lithuania.travel/en/place/floating-world-1